SmartRest Racken Rest II
The Racken Rest II is an Australian designed gun rest designed to hold a rifle on a vehicle window sill while driving the vehicle.
It can mount to either sides of a vehicle door.
The rest is capable of holding a rifle in place to keep the rifle firmly fixed in place.
This means a shooter will not be required to repeatedly set up or remove a rifle every time he/she needs to take a shot.
The mount has a swivelling capability for lateral and vertical movement. The tension controlled vertical and horizontal swivelling action has a range which is unmatched by any other rest ever developed for the doors of a vehicle. The arms are also telescopically adjustable for height and length to adjust for each rifle and shooter.
The Racken Rest II is used for accurate shooting while:
- Shooting from a vehicle
- Safe firearm storage while in the field
Advantages of the Racken Rest II:
- Shooting accurately from vehicle: Less energy used to eradicate pests
- Speed and accuracy: Eliminating the need to remove and replace the rifle while driving makes it extremely fast to get a shot off when needed. Also the ability to swing in many positions eliminates the need for the shooter to constantly readjust the vehicle if the animal moves from its position
- Easy mounting technique makes it fast to mount and remove
- Enhanced shooting positions: A shooter can easily shoot ambidextrous because of the great support provided by the design
- Consistent Accuracy and easy to use left handed
- Reduced or no recoil: The rest takes the impact of the rifle
- Silent adjustability will not give away your position while setting up your shot
- Fast and smooth elevation adjustments are done while keeping sight on the acquired target
- The structure being made predominantly of steel is heavy duty
Racken Rest II Upgrades:
- Included Double Swivel Mount: Now included as a standard issue
- Sturdier build. Eliminating welding on key points has enhanced the weight bearing capacity of the swivels
- Longer mid tube section: Allows more adjustments within the cradle
- Extended Rear Arm: Longer extension arms allow for more adjustment for rifle positioning in the cradle and comfort for shooter adjustability
- Ball Points Locators On the base: Provides a home position where the swivel arm is gently but firmly locked into position
- An optional balance strut: An after sale item for heavy barrel and suppressor type firearms we have an option to attach a strut which helps bear the forward heavy weight of the firearm
- An Optional “Lean to Pad and Brace”: An after sale item for shooters that simply want to shoot from a padded bar as a secondary option as opposed to fully mounted in the cradle
- Off Set Arms: An after sale item for rifles with magazines we have developed a configuration that allows for large magazines and pistol grips
- Strap Down Option: An after sale item to counter the talk of barrel interference and accuracy from strapping over barrel
- New Colour and sleek looking design
NOTE 1: Short base model is available. Designed for vehicles with a shorter window sill. (Land Cruisers and old model Hi Lux etc) Ensure your window base is the correct length before purchasing. The short base model measures 45cm in length and has two long struts included in the package for the square shaped window vehicles. The long base measures 63cm.
Please dont hesitate to contact the Get Belted team on 0459212003 for any enquiries